The Canadian government has proposed two new criminal offenses related to impaired driving due to marijuana.
This means that getting caught driving high can mean a criminal record and significant impacts on your freedom and lifestyle. In these kinds of situations, experience matters. Our experienced team and a certified criminal specialist with almost 20 years of experience on your side, we can help you eliminate or reduce your charges.
Penalties Are Severe & Include:
- A criminal record
- Mandatory fines
- Possible imprisonment
- Severe driving prohibitions
How We Can Help
These new laws (Bill C-46) set out specific limits for the amount of THC the main psychoactive ingredient in cannabis that you can legally have in your blood. The problem is THC varies by individual circumstances how long it remains in ones blood stream.
Our Lawyers will challenge the amount of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the active psychoactive ingredient in cannabis, in your system and challenge how many nanograms per milliliters of blood is in your system.
Impaired driving by marijuana charges will require proof of impairment that may include standard sobriety tests or demands for drug recognition evaluations.
Evidence the Crown will try to use to prove a driving under the influence by drug charge:
- Highway Traffic Law infractions
- Weaving or driving slowly
- Indicators of being high such as slurred speech, bloodshot eyes, and fumbling
Professional Representation from a Certified Specialist in Criminal Law
- Our team of our lawyers and drug recognition experts will challenge and defend all impaired by drug cases in court
- When you work with us, you receive superior representation from an experienced and Certified Specialist in criminal law and defense
- We have a proven record of successfully defending charges of all types
In this new reality, let our team which includes a certified legal defense specialist and a drug recognition expert navigate these uncertain times with our experience and expertise.
WE ARE HERE TO PROVIDE LEGAL HELP!
Contact us today to let us provide you with the absolute best chance of an acquittal or guidance on setting up a cannabis retail store.